SBOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SBOARD

Discussion and planning center for the skaianet imageboard SBOARD roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

Character : Leland Odhràn
Title : Colonel Xanders

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey guys, I've seen the topic of teams brought up in the IRC, as well as being hinted at by Lunar as being a possible thing in other threads.
So, I have a few things that I would like us to work out in this thread:

(1) Are we going to split our trolls up into two or more teams? We have 14 people, and it will take an awful long time to get us all into the Incipisphere. It's fine if we don't, but for pacing purposes, I think it would be a good idea to consider.

(2) If we decide to split into teams, who gets the pieces of the Frog Ruins?

(3) What will the team names be? And who will be on which Team?
Back to top Go down
http://pianomaster42.tumblr.com
Lunar

Lunar

Character : Morgan Aster
Title : Sir Lord Baron of Shenanigans

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Well, as I said before, it seems obvious that the person who gets the non-frog temple half of the ruins would be the Hero of Space player, which in this case is Kesper. We could split it up based on dreamselves, like in canon. So it would be, in no particular order...

Prospit:
Morgan
Nisaba
Kesper
Aerona
Kaiser
Skotad
Nereus

Derse:
Lilium
Shayla
Atma
Leland
Melean
Zubrae
Azrael

After that, it makes sense to me that a Derse dreamer would have the Frog Temple ruins. Based on how Aradia found the Frog Temple ruins underground, we could play off of that and have them hidden away in an underground cavern, or maybe in a body of water where it might have been hidden away, but the earth around it eroded over time.

Last edited by Lunar on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://thehuckleberry.tumblr.com/
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

Character : Skotad Agryp
Title : Testificate

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm ambivalent about the question. On the one hand, not only would it possibly speed things up, as you pointed out, but it was also implied that the two teams thing was given to the canon trolls based on the competitive nature of the troll species, which would mean that it could very well happen for us too. On the other hand, it would be much simpler to do things without teams.

If we do teams, though, let's keep it to two. I think more would complicate things unnecessarily.
Back to top Go down
https://sboard.forumotion.com
Lunar

Lunar

Character : Morgan Aster
Title : Sir Lord Baron of Shenanigans

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I would think we'd only do two teams anyway. And I think it would make everything run pretty smoothly.
Back to top Go down
http://thehuckleberry.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

ambiguousZero

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:34 pm

What will be interesting is how the trolls end up in those teams. I mean, they're pretty much destined to be sorted by Prospit/Derse, right? But from their perspective, they're just forming teams and I can see a few trolls wanting to be on the same team as some others.

Edit: Also, I'm cool with having the Derse Frog Temple if no one else is interested. And if someone is, that's cool too.
Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

Character : Leland Odhràn
Title : Colonel Xanders

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Splitting up things by Prospit/Derse affiliation would be the simplest way to do things.
I'm wondering, however, if we can't possibly divide our teams up in a different way. I mean, it's obvious that there are a LOT of alliance/romance/other affiliation ties before the story even begins. Would these play into things at all? Would people who are in an established kismesissitude be more likely to be on different teams? We do have trolls that absolutely don't trust each other at all, i.e. Nereus and Zubrae, Zubrae and Skotad. Would there be any other trolls who just can't feasibly work together at all?
It would be interesting to both pit these players on the same team, or on different ones.

Now that I'm looking, the Prospit/Derse splitup does happen to hit a bunch, if not most, of these affiliations right on the nose. So perhaps doing things this way really is the best solution. What are all of your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://pianomaster42.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Team discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team discussion   Team discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SBOARD :: SBOARD Planning and Discussion :: Settings and Game Mechanics-
Jump to: