SBOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SBOARD

Discussion and planning center for the skaianet imageboard SBOARD roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Venue/Format: The [Poll]!

Go down 
+3
royalGambler
pianomaster42
Snuffleheim
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Where making this hapen?
SBOARD Forum
Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Vote_lcap83%Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Elsewhere
Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
royalGambler

royalGambler

Character : Kaiser Skaravaios
Title : Scourge of Law

Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:19 pm

too much work ahead of time, too much cooperation. We are not good at either of those things and putting forth a challenge does NOT make it more likely to improve, it just presents another challenge
Back to top Go down
http://royalgambler.tumblr.com/
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

Character : Skotad Agryp
Title : Testificate

PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 pm

It's not so much a challenge as a framework. Right now, we're just sort of forging blindly ahead with little idea what we want or need done before starting. It's somewhere to go rather than a challenge to achieve.
Back to top Go down
https://sboard.forumotion.com
ambiguousZero

ambiguousZero

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I didn't even really think about planning on finished acts. I just meant retroactively taking parts of everyone's roleplays at certain milestones (After everyone enters the medium for one) and then putting them together as a single readable thing. It would shift perspective of character based on who was more important in the events in chronological order. Or at least as much so as possible. Unlike Homestuck itself, each character is having it's own story written individually for them so there's going to be more overlap where the same event is seen multiple times through different characters than in Homestuck. Timeskips for individual characters, if anyone does that, could help a lot though far from mandatory.I really like the idea of having threads for when multiple characters are 'on screen' together and for the relevant members to roleplay there since that'll help a lot in story organization. For when the trolls are actually in the medium and several are off by themselves, we could even keep their stories kept separate and have multiple links in the presented story like the "Choose Your Character" bits from Act 6.

The point is that this organization is done after the roleplaying is done and the story is written, so it doesn't really require us to be organized to organize it. Technically one determined person could copy pasta the shit out of the roleplay and do this themselves.

Though, this is really only if we still plan on putting Sboard in a presentable manner meant to be read by an audience once the roleplaying is finished. Is Sboard a roleplay for us, or are we also making it a story we wrote together for other people to enjoy too?
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh, I know that's not what you were suggesting. I just sort of got the idea as I was typing.

I don't really see the point of acts applied to the story after the fact. Acts denote a particular set of arcs and events that lead up to specific changes in the plot. Generally acts are so well-determined and delineated that they are impossible to do right without some sort of forethought. Any structure we apply after the fact will be acts in name only and frankly wouldn't really do much of a job of helping the reader understand the story much better, since that kind of structure is inherent to the plot as it's written.

As for whether this is to be read or not, I really don't think we should structure ourselves around that much at all, beyond proofreading what we put up to make it as good as possible, which should be done anyway.
Although, this does give me an idea. I'm all for opening this place up to public membership (readership) once we start. It would be entirely possible to put all the players into a membergroup, set the planning sections visible only to us and set the story section visible to all but only postable-in (made up words yay!) by the players, then have a separate section for everyone else. Whaddya guys think?
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 am

Bump. I can't carry a conversation by myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venue/Format: The [Poll]!   Venue/Format: The [Poll]! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venue/Format: The [Poll]!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SBOARD :: SBOARD Planning and Discussion :: General-
Jump to: