SBOARD

Discussion and planning center for the skaianet imageboard SBOARD roleplay.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Zubrae's Interactive Adventure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 am

>Zubrae: See if you have anything captchalogued/allocated to your strife deck. Let's hope dream you is prepared to deal with some shit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 am

>Zubrae: See if you have anything captchalogued/allocated to your strife deck.

You examine your sylladex and realize that it is completely empty, your strife deck included. The bandaged creature is no longer at the window. This is not good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:26 am

>Zubrae: Abscond!! See if you can get to the greenhouse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm

>Zubrae: Abscond!! See if you can get to the greenhouse.

You follow the north-east path and are quickly enveloped in the fog. The greenhouse, or even the hive are no longer visible, and you are at the mercy of where the stone road takes you. The peaceful sound of chirping crickets hushes as the mist thickens, replaced with incomprehensible whispers seemingly coming from the fog itself. You try and listen as closely as you can, but can only make out the word "hither" every so often. Eventually the mist thins and you arrive at the greenhouse.

Shards of glass crunch under your boots as you step inside. The greenhouse was clearly abandoned long ago; spidery plants and vines have grown large and wild, making it difficult to navigate your way through or find anything of use. Your only source of light is from the moon shining through the many missing ceiling panes. You walk to the other side, finding nothing during your first sweep of the greenhouse. Between the greenhouse and the tall trees looming in the distance is a sea of tall grass. You spot the silhouette of something, or someone, in the field with a feint red glimmer near its center.


Last edited by ambiguousZero on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm

>Zubrae: Explore further. Maybe there's something you can use as a weapon. For example, that bottle full of chocolate-brown liquid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

>Zubrae: Explore further. Maybe there's something you can use as a weapon.

You continue searching the greenhouse. Under a table buried with plant-matter you find an empty watering can and set it to your Red Card. You're not sure what you're going to do with it, but you can always get rid of it later. On the ground, near the entrance, you notice a folded pruning knife that you missed before. Your Strife Deck refuses to hold it, so you allocate it to your Orange Card.

>For example, that bottle full of chocolate-brown liquid.

You notice a bottle hidden in a cluster of vines. You're not sure how useful it will be as a weapon, but you are thirsty! You free the bottle from the vines and yank the cork out. A small sip confirmed your fears... This isn't chocolate milk. You wedge the cork back in and set the bottle to your Yellow Card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

>Zubrae: It might be a good idea to skedaddle at this point, if there's nothing left here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 pm

>Zubrae: It might be a good idea to skedaddle at this point, if there's nothing left here.

The shadowy figure in the field has not moved, what ever it is, but you are not sure if you should approach it or if it has even seen you scurrying around the greenhouse. Where should you go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm

>Zubrae: What's that noise? Sounds like someone walking... aw fuck.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing here?" shouted a familiar voice. "I left you in the big hive, where it was safe." growled the troll, folding his arms over his tattered clothing. "That golem was supposed to keep you inside... ugh." he grumbled. He looked just as alive as always, which was a much better sight than what was in the book. His usually clean labcoat was torn and stained with various colors, and his hair seemed somewhat messier than usual. "Might as well try and find a way out of here, now. I was sleeping, too. Thanks a lot, jackass. Can I have my flask back?" he asked, holding out his hand.


Last edited by LaurelBastion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Meanwhile on Derse, a Brimon doll dressed in a tattered and stained lab coat appears in the center of the room and falls to the floor.

=======>

"Brimon! Zubrae shouted, his voice emanating from the grinning void that is his mouth. Before he could properly greet the troll, he was scolded for leaving the hive from before. Golem? Is that what that bandaged creature was? Zubrae stood quietly for a moment, not entirely sure what's going on or why Brimon is so upset. When prompted, he retrieved the bottle of blood from his sylladex and popped the cork out again. "Fuck you, bro. You can't ground me!" Without hesitation, Zubrae poured the contents into his mouth while flipping Brimon off.


Last edited by ambiguousZero on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Brimon seemed disgusted, but soon began to laugh. "Ugh, dude! That's my blood! You're gross." he said, trying to sound angry again. He sighed, unable to stifle his smile, and took the flask back. "I can't stay angry at you. You're like a little barkbeast. Anyway, this place kind of isn't the safest area, so let's talk elsewhere." he said, smashing the flask against the metal frame of the greenhouse and creating a deadly weapon out of it. He quickly allocated it to his strife deck, picking up the glass shards and tossing them into one of the empty window frames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 am

Zubrae laughed as he handed the empty flask over. "And you know what? It wasn't bad! The tossed shards formed into a complete window pane overhead while Zubrae watched with mild interest. "Neat." While kind of creepy, the greenhouse seemed safe compared to the hive and the monstrosity roaming it, but Brimon appears to be the expert on where ever this is, so Zubrae places his trust in him. He started towards the cobblestone path, "Back into the ghostly fog then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 am

"Unfortunately, yes. But as long as we follow the path, we ought to be fine." he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "This place is extremely dangerous. The tall grass is teeming with monsters, the fog will tear you to shreds if you travel even slightly off the path, and even if you do manage to survive the fog, there are even worse things out there." he explained. He raised his left hand and set it on fire with a flick of his wrist, to act like a torch. "I wanted you to stay in the hive, but since you're out, you can't go back in. The golem is hostile to anyone that enters, even me. I really should have programmed it better." He began to walk back along the path, expecting Zubrae to follow. "And before you ask, no, this doesn't actually hurt too badly. In fact, it kind of tickles."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 am

"Alright, that's pretty fucking cool." Zubrae said, watching Brimon's burning hand while following closely behind. Again, the fog tempted him to stray from the path, and as much as he would love to find out just what lurked in its veil, Zubrae ignored the whispers. "So you fucked up the big bad monster and what are we going to do about it? Slay it?" Zubrae asked, sticking a finger into his eye socket just to see how far it will go and finding no end to his painted eyes. "I'm not exactly well equipped, if that's the plan." The light from the gas lamp starts to break through the fog as they approach the hive; almost safe from the dangers creeping outside, but Zubrae had to know, "Why do you know so much about this place, Doc?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:00 am

"...You know, I'm not really sure." he mumbled. "I mean, I kind of just appear when that flask with my blood is touched. It goes wherever it wants, so it was rather serendipitous to find it so close to this hive." He sat down on the front steps and extinguished the flame on his hand. "All this fantastical stuff, it's really not my forte." he said with a shrug, then continued. "I'm pretty sure I'm dead or something, but I don't know." he said, looking down at his hands, one holding the broken flask, and one slightly singed. "Anyway, what do you want to do? Explore, or stay in the hive? I think I can disable the golem without much difficulty. I did make it, after all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 am

"Why not explore the hive then? I haven't seen much of it." He pointed up to the window to the study. "I kind of climbed out of there before I even made it down my first hallway. Your fucking monster scared the shit out of me." He took a seat next to Brimon. "It sucks that you're dead, though. You were a really cool friend." Zubrae said, putting his arm around Brimon and pulling him close. "Actually... Hmm." For the first time since the dream started, he started to wonder where he was and how even got here. Come to think of it, nothing so far has been even slightly normal or ordinary. "Dude, I think I might be dead too!" he shouted as he sprang up. "That would explain so much!" He leaned in towards Brimon, "I used to have an actual face like yours, right? Like before we became ghosts or what ever the fuck is going on?"


Last edited by ambiguousZero on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 am

"The fu-- Dude, you look normal to me." said the brownblood, cocking his head confusedly. "Yeah, you're always like that. I'm pretty sure you're not dead, either. Anyway, that doesn't really matter right now, so let's just head inside." Brimon said with a shrug, producing a key from his Copper card and unlocking the front door. He jumped back a little, as the golem was there, its eye full of anger. The troll, surprisingly fast, leapt into action with the flask, puncturing its eye and sending it crashing down to the floor with his weight. "Well then, that was rather easy." he chuckled, turning it over and taking something out of it. It automatically shifted into his Silicon card, and he stood up, wiping his bloodied hands on his coat and creating two long red smears. "Let's keep moving."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 am

You are now in the center of the main hall. The golem that had stalked you upstairs now lies dead before you; between the bandages you can see the shiny exterior of a black carapace. The main hall is silent and Brimon's words echo through the room. To the north is a large staircase leading to the second floor of the main hall, the backdoor which you entered from is concealed in a short corridor running behind the stairs. To the south you see the main entrance to the hive; large double doors embossed with decorative gold, and there is a single door on the west and east sides of the room. There are a couple of floor standing candle holders in the room, but none of them are lit. Currently, most of the illumination originates from the windows on the second floor.



"Well fuck." Zubrae said, kneeling over the dead golem. "I thought for sure this was going to be a difficult boss fight, but you killed it without trouble." He stood back up, placing a hand at his chin thoughtfuly, "Then again, this was also the first monster I've seen since I got here, if video game logic is even applicable to this situation." He offered his fist to Brimon to bump, "Anyway, nice job. Where to next?" Zubrae looked around the room, examining the options. The sound of falling rain broke the silence and quickly escalated to the rhythm and lamentation of a heavy storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

"Thanks." noted the brownblood, returning the fistbump. He muttered something under his breath when he looked back down at the body, but let it go in favor of looking around the room. "Well, this wasn't the only security I put in the building - there are traps scattered here and there, and if I'm remembering correctly, there might be other monsters." he explained, folding his arms. "There are weapons in the armory, so we can head down there and find a hatchet or something. We're probably going to need a sharper object than this bottle. Or, we can explore other places first, if you'd like." he chuckled, rolling the neck of the flask between his fingers. He seemed awfully nonchalant about his comment from before, which didn't quite fit his usual pessimism, but perhaps it's because he's supposedly dead that he's grown so chipper. "It's your choice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Zubrae removed the pruning knife from his Orange Card and unfolded it; if there's more beasts in the hive, it would be wise to be ready. "I'd rather replace this with a real weapon as quickly as possible." He looked at the door to the west, the door to the east, and then the stairs before turning to Brimon. "Do you remember which way to go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:09 pm

"Nope. We'll just have to tread carefully." he said with a shrug, going over to one of the windows. He took off one of the curtains and wrapped his hand in it, punching through it and taking the glass shards into his sylladex, which automatically allocated to the Silicon card. It ejected the large gem that was inside the monster out and into his face, causing him to cry out and stumble backwards. "Ugh... piece of garbage... What else makes up sand? Fuck." he muttered, putting the gem in the Oxygen card instead. He rubbed his now-bloodied nose to make sure it wasn't broken, then wiped the blood off on his sleeve and headed to the east door after a moment of deliberation. "Let's try this way first."


Last edited by LaurelBastion on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

"Nice one," Zubrae said, cackling at Brimon's sylladex trouble. When he calmed himself, he nodded in agreement to Brimon's choice of direction.

You are now in a room invaded by pumpkins. The walls are lined with paintings; all of them in poor condition and difficult to make out, but they appear to be depicting archeradicators, threshecutioners, and other legions on conquest. A large window once covered most of the south wall, but has since broken open and shards of glass are scattered on what little floor space is still visible. The centerpiece of the room is a statue of troll maiden, bound in vines from the several pumpkins growing around it. While a stone sword resides in her right hand, her other arm is raised above her and you spot something shiny atop her open palm. Outside the window you see a thicker patch of pumpkins and vines, and not much past the storm raging outside the hive. There is a door to the north, and a second to the east. What will you do?


Last edited by ambiguousZero on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 am

Brimon was visibly unsettled by the pictures in the room, but said nothing of it. He picked out a shard of glass from his sylladex and tossed it at the west wall, shuriken-style. It stuck easily in one of the pictures, as it was quite sharp. "Well, there aren't any motion sensitive traps, at least. No ideas about pressure sensitive. Try not to get your foot blown off or something." he muttered, picking out a careful path through the pumpkins. "Never did like pumpkins. They're not terribly conducive to hive decor, either." He finally reached the statue and looked up at it, keeping a relatively safe distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
ambiguousZero

avatar

Character : Zubrae Algedi
Title : Poet of Doom
Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 27
Location : Ozarks

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 am

"Yeah, and pumpkinbloods are even worse," he said, following Brimon closely. He stopped behind him and pointed up to the statue's hand. "I think she's got something for us there. Could you give me a boost?"


Last edited by ambiguousZero on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurelBastion

avatar

Character : Brimon Lavois
Title : Toucher of Butts
Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-08-19
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 am

"Hey now, I'm practically in that caste." he chuckled, managing to hoist Zubrae up with relative ease, but did not fare so well having to hold that position. "Okay, ow. Make it quick dude, I'm a weak, pasty scientist, not a weightlifter."


Last edited by LaurelBastion on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bright-pink-noise.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Zubrae's Interactive Adventure   

Back to top Go down
 
Zubrae's Interactive Adventure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure [Profiles]
» New Levels for Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure Released
» Hamlet (Puzzle/Adventure)
» Gamasutra: Action Adventure Level Design
» Big City Adventure 6: Paris

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SBOARD :: SBOARD Planning and Discussion :: Characters and Arcs :: Zubrae Algedi-
Jump to: