SBOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SBOARD

Discussion and planning center for the skaianet imageboard SBOARD roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alchemization general

Go down 
+6
Zael
MGLVNA
Snuffleheim
MultiversalInk
pianomaster42
Nicekat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicekat

Nicekat

Alchemization general Empty
PostSubject: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:20 pm

/az/, if you will

So after talking to Snuffles last night, I've been told to put this topic here.

So, alchemization. We all know I'm addicted to it. A crucial part of the game, through which you can combine literally anything you can get your hands on. Weapons, clothing, computers, what have you. Now, I'm sure you've all got things in mind that you think are totes awesome and cannot be topped (I know I certainly do), but remember the alchemization splurges in the comic? They were reader driven. And they came up with some awesome things. Imagine if it had just been one person coming up with all the ideas. There would have been some awesome stuff, yes, but I'm going to say that there are things that they wouldn't have come up with on their own.

So that's what this is for: A general thread for the discussion of alchemizing and suggesting things for other players TO alchemize during the session. I'm...not ENTIRELY sure how we should have this thread structured or organized, but the rest of you are smart enough, we can figure something out, right? Just wanted to get this up here.
Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

Character : Leland Odhràn
Title : Colonel Xanders

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:39 pm

I can get us started. I'll just copypaste my specibus alchemization ideas so far in here.

Leland's Specibus Progression/Ideas

Batonkind (in order of alchemization/acquisition)

Wooden Baton (no alchemization needed)
This simple conductor's baton was a present from Morgan, and as such is one of your most prized possessions. You keep it with you at all times, so allotting your Strife Specibus to Batonkind seems the easiest way to accomplish that. Made of Alternian Eternoak, so it probably won't break even when used as a weapon. Don't expect it to do too much, though.

Truncheon (no alchemization needed)
This piece of Trollcops memorabilia has been sitting around your Respiteblock for sweeps. It's only now, after studying different meanings of the term, "baton", that you discovered this can be used alongside your wooden baton. Your specibus, though resistant at first, grudgingly accepts the new addition.

Stun Baton (Truncheon || Trollcops© Tazer)
With a push of a button, this will deliver an immobilizing shock to anything unfortunate enough to come in contact with this. However, its short reach doesn't help much, and it's made from a cheap alloy, so you pretty much have to lightly touch the enemy or risk the thing snapping in two. You'll need to do something about that when you have the time.

Mistilteinn (Wooden Baton || Mistletoe)
Infused with mistletoe, the mightiest of herbs, your humble baton now has the ability to kill even the gods! ...Well, one god. ...And he's kind of already dead. So the whole god-killing moniker is kind of a joke. It's bristling with power anyhow.

Uncommon Time (Wooden Baton || Mystical Pendulum)
This little number lets you travel in time, provided you can ever be bothered to learn how the rules of time travel work.

Extendabaton (Wooden Baton || Radio Antenna)
All the flexibility and sturdiness of Eternoak, somehow contained in an extendable metal package! You don't know how that's physically possible, but it sure is cool! This solves your entire issue with reach in one go. Actually, this additional reach and sturdiness might be better used for...

Extenda-watt-on (Extendabaton || Stun Baton)
Now we're cooking with petrol! Two buttons on this thing: One to change the length, one to trigger the shock. Now you can whack an enemy as hard as you can, AND give him a nasty electric surprise, all in one go!

Wind Waker (Lunar’s Denizen weapon [ask about this?])
Come on. You’ve played enough Legend of Trollda to know exactly what this thing is capable of. Command the wind! Or at least tell it which way to blow, and summon tornadoes. Come to think of it, that’s really all it did.

Freudhersch (Uncommon Time || Mistilteinn && Eternal Trollnata)
Command all the might of Troll Frederick Chopin at his peak! Freeze enemies in time! Also has all the functionalities of Uncommon Time intact.

Some Call Me Tim(e) (Freudhersch || Extenda-watt-on && Monty Python and the Trolly Grail)
All the powers of all of your batons combined into one. Wield this as a conductor’s baton and control time. Or, press a button and extend the baton into an implement of electrical kickassitude. Also, for added functionality, the tip contains an incendiary exponent, so it may be wielded as a flamethrower. As if you needed that by this point in the game, but come on, it’s SO COOL.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hornkind (in order of alchemization/acquisition)

Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba (no alchemization needed)
These trusty horns are your instruments of choice when you’re not playing the piano. Since you had a spare specibus lying around, and you had three horns versus just the one piano, you allotted the specibus to hornkind for the ease of carrying them all everywhere. These horns have seen sweeps of use, but haven’t deteriorated in quality a lick.

Double-Taps (Trumpet || Trollcops © Pistol || Laser Pointer)
Having a specibus just for your horns is nice, but it sure would be even nicer if they could have a little combat functionality. With this in mind, you create the Double-Taps. This weapon functions just like a normal trumpet, except for one little added feature. When you press down the valves and buzz into the mouthpiece, your chosen pitch is somehow converted into a sonic-boosted amplified laser beam. This should be patently impossible, due to the relative speeds of sound and light being so vastly different, but you figure that the atypical nature of the Incipisphere’s physics, as well as the creative possibilities of the alchemization process, make this a possibility. Now, are the sound waves boosted to supersonic frequencies? Or are the light waves dumbed down to infralight frequencies?
...On second thought, perhaps you are thinking about this matter too hard.

Batonkind is basically done, but feel free to suggest things anyhow, I could always use more. Hornkind, however....I need to brainstorm there a lot more.
Back to top Go down
http://pianomaster42.tumblr.com
Nicekat

Nicekat

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

You are thinking inside the box. You need to climb out of that box, turn it upside down, sit on it, and think about ANOTHER box. A box full of silly, useless alchemizations.

Also names are not set because they suck.

Horn of the Horde ( 4 Trolls Left Data Grub || Trumpet )

You're in your friend Nereus' respiteblock and you've got grist to burn, so why NOT use his stuff? On a whim you grab one of his video game data grubs and alchemize with your trumpet to create the HORN OF THE HORDE. It's a little squishy and looks kinda gross, but blowing it produces an all-too-familiar and cringe inducing sound. Sadly, it does NOT attract a horde of ravenous undead...fuck. This thing is pretty much useless.

Milliner's Miracle (Trolls In Hats Engaging In Class-Based Warfare Data Grub && Trumpet)

You try a second one after stuffing that squishy, useless trumpet into the bowels of your strife deck. This time, a game full of all sorts of powerful weapons. Surely this new tru- erm, bugle, should be just a powerful..wait, Milliner's? You raise it to your lips and play, all you hear is 'BONK' and it spits out a hat. Again, and it's 'NEED A DISPENSER HERE' and it spits out a different hat..Yeah no, this thing is completely useless. And for that matter, so are the hats it's giving you. No code on the back of the card, no viewable code under an intellibeam laserstation, and the game won't let you refund it for grist..Fuck this shit, man.
Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 pm

This is true, I guess I'm only thinking of functionally useful alchemizations. It isn't a Sburb-clone unless the players are making things they will never, ever, ever use. And then they find a way to use them anyway. Maybe.

Anyway, I really dig the idea of using some of your games, especially TF, I mean, Trolls With Hats Engaging In Class-Based Warfare. Having a hat-gun would be suitably useless/useful at the same time. I mean, how else is Leland going to get things like his Top Hat, or possibly other kinds of hats. Leland needs to have a hat collection that exponentially grows as the story continues.

Let me ponder some of Leland's possessions, I'll get back to you.

The rest of you can feel free to jump in and brainstorm your stuff at any time ^_^
Back to top Go down
MultiversalInk

MultiversalInk

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:05 pm

15:20 Nicekat ...PM.
15:21 Nicekat A blue and red horn that, when you play it, just shouts OBJECTION and does nothing else.
15:21 Nicekat However, it IS heavy enough to make a deadly bludgeon.
15:21 Nicekat Very, very deadly bludgeon.
15:26 SinCityAssassin Armor && Tuba = TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS
15:26 SinCityAssassin This armor is made of an impenetrable form of brass all fashioned with large musical horns, great for taking as many hits as an obese woman in a valkyrie uniform. When you blow into it it makes such an all compassing noise that enemies in a 20 yard radius will instantly be paralyzed. It's probably a necessity to wear ear plugs, because you're inside the damn thing.
15:27 Nicekat Too useful.
15:27 Nicekat We are talking about mostly useless shit.
15:28 Multi no a sousaphone
15:28 SinCityAssassin I don't know about you
15:28 SinCityAssassin but wearing it is like being mario turning into a tanooki statue
15:29 SinCityAssassin sure it's useful
15:29 SinCityAssassin but you can't move
15:29 Nicekat ..Ah!
15:29 Nicekat Okay, then.
15:29 SinCityAssassin I mean come on
15:29 SinCityAssassin it's an armor made og giant tubas
15:29 SinCityAssassin *of
15:29 SinCityAssassin how can a teenager lift that
15:30 SinCityAssassin I might make it more impractical
15:30 SinCityAssassin suddenly no places to put your arm out
15:30 SinCityAssassin it's effectively like Snake's sneaking box
15:30 pianomaster42 pfff
15:31 pianomaster42 So, a sousaphone that just says objection
15:31 pianomaster42 Or something
15:31 pianomaster42 There is a good name for that, I know it
15:31 pianomaster42 Also, armor made of tubas is an excellent idea
15:32 pianomaster42 Now all I'd need to do to properly utilize it is, well...
15:32 Multi Objectaphone
15:33 Multi That'd make the best dramatic entries
15:33 pianomaster42 Till the Fat Lady Sings && Troll Brothers Saving a Princess and Her Subjects from Giant Shell Beasts For a Third Time
15:33 pianomaster42 Also yes
15:33 pianomaster42 yes it would
15:35 SinCityAssassin how dare you combine my American Human item with your troll video games
15:38 Nicekat Why SMB3? Why not Mario Kart 64?
15:38 Nicekat
15:38 Nicekat Because THIS little nightmare.
15:39 Nicekat ...wait
15:39 Nicekat you said SMB3 because Tanooki suit
15:39 Nicekat woops
15:39 Nicekat sorry
15:39 SinCityAssassin basically
15:39 pianomaster42 Then I would have a....suit of armor made of horns that would only drop on the person doing the best in battle?
15:39 SinCityAssassin HOW DARE YOU.
15:39 Nicekat pff
15:40 Nicekat Or..
15:40 Nicekat hmm
15:40 Nicekat the most dangerous enemy?
15:40 pianomaster42 Or just whoever is the furthest away
15:40 pianomaster42 Because that's what the spiny shell did
15:41 pianomaster42 yes.
15:42 Nicekat Since you tended to only get it when in last place...yeah.
15:43 pianomaster42 That seems suitably useless.
15:43 SinCityAssassin oh hey
15:43 SinCityAssassin the remainder of my financial aid came in
15:43 pianomaster42 But it would be possible to tweak your battles to make effective use of it, if you really planned ahead.
15:43 pianomaster42 Sweet!
15:43 Nicekat > Plan ahead
15:43 SinCityAssassin let's see what I g*coughs violently*
15:43 Nicekat > Time player
15:43 pianomaster42 Government/private aid for schooling is the best
15:43 SinCityAssassin looks at the check and spaces out
15:44 pianomaster42 0_0?
15:44 SinCityAssassin I'm gonna go buy me some replica artifacts.
15:44 Nicekat Was that directed at SCA or me?
15:44 SinCityAssassin foams at the mouth
15:45 pianomaster42 SCA.
15:45 pianomaster42 You have an excellent point, though, Nicakat.
15:45 pianomaster42 Nicekat
15:45 SinCityAssassin Nicakat is his evil twin
15:45 SinCityAssassin by which I mean a nice girl.
15:46 SinCityAssassin I can say that to your face because I'm gonna make it rain in here
15:46 pianomaster42 heh

Basically, Tuba armors that are also Tanooki Suits and Spiny Shells. Tubaki Suit? Tunakiny Shell?
Name later.
Back to top Go down
Nicekat

Nicekat

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey. Hey MGLVNA.

Alchemization general Shakespearicles

You need to alchemize this.
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

Character : Skotad Agryp
Title : Testificate

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I was just perusing the Venue thread and it occurred to me that this might be an area that would benefit from reader input if we decide to go that route. Not saying we should stop brainstorming here (BAD peoples for thinking I would want to stop brainstorming BAD Evil or Very Mad ) just thinking that if we do decide, we should keep our plans in this area fluid and flexible.

Also, I hope you don't mind, pm (and I apologize if you already had a better one), but reading what your time travel thing will be gave me an idea as to how that might work. It's a glorified conductor's baton, so maybe you could use it to, y'know, conduct time. You could speed up the tempo move it faster here, or make it go backwards or forwards for yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://sboard.forumotion.com
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Snuffleheim wrote:
Also, I hope you don't mind, pm (and I apologize if you already had a better one), but reading what your time travel thing will be gave me an idea as to how that might work. It's a glorified conductor's baton, so maybe you could use it to, y'know, conduct time. You could speed up the tempo move it faster here, or make it go backwards or forwards for yourself.
This is precisely how I plan to control time. It would only make sense, given that my timepiece is a baton, to have me guide the flow of time much like a conductor would an orchestra. Speed up here, slow down there. Take things back a ways (by myself or with however many other parties) and play through an earlier part for a while, then skip back to the present. Remove an enemy from action by forcing it to repeat the last action in its personal timeline, indefinitely (like repeat bars, donchaknow). Effectively freeze an enemy in time, like moving the repeat bars literally milliseconds before and after the present for the enemy's personal timeline.

And so on.

Last edited by pianomaster42 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Aw, yeee. All focused around making the music of time play harmoniously, of course.
Back to top Go down
MGLVNA

MGLVNA

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Nicekat wrote:
Hey. Hey MGLVNA.

Spoiler:

You need to alchemize this.

Pfffft.

I am terrible at alchemizations, and have so far only one because and that's taken from somewhere else. I have the weapon I start with, Mightier, and a 5th dimensional sword, made from Mightier && Physics book.
Spoiler:

At some point I get a hold of the TECTRIXCALIBUR/TECTRIX OF THE ARBITOR, though I have yet to decide how. Troll Shakespeare, Troll Sherlock Holmes, and Troll Harry Potter are probably inevitable. I could also do something with Doctor Who, since I'm prototyping it, but I'll leave that for a time or space player.

Back to top Go down
http://mglvna.tumblr.com/
Nicekat

Nicekat

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Never fear, MGLVNA. I am here to save you with ridiculous bullshit!

Write No Lies ( Troll George Washington Painting && Mightier ) (I have no idea what to name the sword form. 8c )

You honestly have no idea who the troll in that painting is, why the frame was white metal studded with red and blue gemstones, or why you thought it would be a good iodea to alchemize a painting with a pen. But oh well, here you are, With an incredibly oddly-shaped pen. Seriously, this thing is just awkward to hold. So angular. But, holding it you feel incredibly courageous. Like you can slaughter a whole army of Lichs if you just try. You also feel unable to tell lies, and the biggest lies you've told in your life are starting to haunt you...you also feel an almost overwhelming craving for BBQ, pie, and burgers with multiple meat patti- HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS SWORD.

It's..beautiful. You never thought red, white and blue could go together so well, but they do. It's an absolutely stunning sabre. You're starting to sound like a broken record but dear lord, look at how amazing this thing is. You're SURE you can slaughter an army of Lichs with this. Uranium ones, even! ..Speaking of which, why DID this thing cost you exactly 12 Uranium grist? Weird..
Back to top Go down
Zael

Zael

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 pm

I've got like four alchemizations.
I'm gonna need more.
Back to top Go down
http://zaelonde.tumblr.com
Nicekat

Nicekat

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 am

Friends. Neighbours. SBOARDers, lend me your grist. I have found the solution to ALL our alchemization problems. BEHOOOOOOOLD

Alchemization general Shaq_fu-468x

WE SHALL BE UNSTOPPABLE
Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 pm

What if Azrael keeps locks of the other girls' hair? Or something else suitably stalkerish?
And then what if she uses those locks of hair in her alchemy to create, like, the ultimate scythe, powered by forbidden, one-sided love?\

Also, Nicekat, what exactly did you post for an image? I can't see the image.
Edit: Never mind, I was on a shitty computer, apparently.

Last edited by pianomaster42 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nicekat

Nicekat

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Creeper Azrael? Must be Nereus rubbing off on her.
Back to top Go down
MGLVNA

MGLVNA

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm

MacBeth && Mightier = Is This A Dagger

An eerie sword that gives off the impression of not being entirely real. Small drops of tyrian blood may or my not appear on it at random intervals, with no indication of their origin.
Back to top Go down
http://mglvna.tumblr.com/
Katrika

Katrika

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Alchemization general Sally_saw_1946_956

Alchemization general Mzl.djfasafg.480x480-75

Sally Saw && Plasma Globe = Ozone You Didn't!

(Advantages = shocks as well as cuts, looks really cool, makes pretty lights. Disadvantages = Interferes with use of nearby touchpads when in use, occasionally overheats.)
Back to top Go down
MultiversalInk

MultiversalInk

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 am

Here's one idea for Pianomaster:
Alchemization general Tumblr_lzt9u3HSKD1qeb24eo1_500
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 pm

That is epic.
Back to top Go down
pianomaster42

pianomaster42

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm

DUDE.
YES.
I am so making that.
Back to top Go down
Katrika

Katrika

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Sally Saw && Tracer Gun = DR. BUZZSAW'S PAIN LAUNCHER (kindly named by SCA).

Appearance: Like a cross between a sally saw and a rifle, only a bit smaller and more lightweight - all the plastic, you see. When the trigger is pressed, the circular blade is launched, and another one forms in the bladeholder. A five minute break is needed every ten shots to 'recharge.'

(Advantages = longer range, lighter, quite deadly. Disadvantages = clumsy aim, recharging.)
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

Of course, you could always use it as a club while it recharges if you need to.
Back to top Go down
Katrika

Katrika

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am

Heehee, yup!
Back to top Go down
Katrika

Katrika

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Alchemization general Message-in-the-bottle-for-Zelka-2

Small Bottle && Handheld Audio Recorder = MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE

(When opened for the first time, it records the sounds around it for up to five minutes. Upon being reopened, it plays back the previously recorded message on a loop until closed. Each bottle can only be recorded on once, and the record can't be overwritten.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemization general   Alchemization general Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemization general
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next