SBOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SBOARD

Discussion and planning center for the skaianet imageboard SBOARD roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doc Net/ Lord Neo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

Character : Skotad Agryp
Title : Testificate

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:35 pm

From the doc:
Like LE, Lord Neo is a kind of parasite. His race, the Scionfestors, are brood parasites, which means they trick host species into raising their young for them. This in and of itself would not be remarkable. To use earth species as examples, cuckoos and cowbirds are brood parasites, and quite common. The thing that makes Scionfestors such a huge threat isn’t their sapience, but their incredible adaption skills. Young Scionfestors are shape-shifters, and will change in form to resemble the host species, which is the intelligent species on the given planet they infest. All but a few special ‘eldritch’ Scionfestors lose their shape-shifting talents once they’re past infancy, and live relatively normal, uneventful lives, never knowing what they are or that the price paid for their life is a dead infant.
When uncharted meteors fall, signaling the beginning of a session, the eldritch scionfestor will go into a dormant state, shape-shifting into a harmless, inanimate looking form. They’ll use mild telepathic suggestions to get picked up by a player, thus entering the medium. Once in the medium, they use a one-shot time-travelling power to shift further back, setting up shop and using the creative energies of Skaia to produce eggs, some of which are seeded into the belongings of Dersites and Prospitians so that they can infest the exile town. Once the players have defeated the black king (sometimes with the direct help of the Scionfestor), the eldritch scionfestor kills them and steals the reward, seeding the eggs through the planets in the new universe. The eggs will hatch upon arrival of an intelligent species, but sometimes a scionfestor will kidnap a host parent from the session to raise a generation for them.
Ocasionally the genesis frog’s immune system will ‘sense’ and try to counteract the infestation, in which case intelligent species tend to develop very convoluted reproduction methods, such as trolls. In the case of the troll, Scionfestors merely infected drones, instead, continuing the cycle.

Discussion on Doc Net and Lord Neo will now COMMENCE. [/large ham] First order of business is to tell me if I've got the right/enough description here.
Back to top Go down
https://sboard.forumotion.com
Katrika

Katrika

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Looks good to me! The basic idea is that Lord English is this big, scary, unimaginably powerful threat, whereas Lord Neo, our session's villian, is...about as important as a tape worm, in the long run, yet still manages to be a threat. If that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Snuffleheim
Admin
Snuffleheim

Character : Skotad Agryp
Title : Testificate

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Sort of, but not totally.
Back to top Go down
https://sboard.forumotion.com
Katrika

Katrika

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Lord Neo is much further down on the mutliversal scale of importance compared to Lord English, but is a huge and looming immediate danger.
Back to top Go down
Nicekat

Nicekat

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

I was against the idea of the scionfestors at first, but..you know, I can see this as a really cool, different idea now that I've..erm..just read the thing over again. And maybe this is an entirely different reaction to this than intended, but I see the fight with the scionfester being an '..aw, fuck' moment, and then a sort of courageous second wind and pep talk amongst themselves, THEN a desperate battle while on their last legs...pity there's no Sylph or Life player to provide healing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doc Net/ Lord Neo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doc Net/ Lord Neo   Doc Net/ Lord Neo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doc Net/ Lord Neo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SBOARD :: SBOARD Planning and Discussion :: Characters and Arcs-
Jump to: